Case Studies: HUD USER publishes a series of case studies examples of anchor institutions that have deep roots in the community and are longstanding contributors to the community’s stability and strength.
Partners in Progress: HUD USER publishes a quarterly newsletter about research partnerships, grantees, anchor institutions, and other news.
Research Partnerships: PD&R seeks unsolicited research partnerships with universities, philanthropic organizations, and/or other federal or state agencies through noncompetitive cooperative agreements. Learn More.
Related Resources: This section provides a number of useful resources for students and researchers.
Archived Newsletters: This section includes newsletters OUP has produced in the last few years. It includes Diversity Works, and both the OUP and the grantee newsletters.
In 2012, PD&R was granted the authority to enter into research partnerships with outside entities through non competitive cooperative agreements. Managed by OUP, this authority allows PD&R to participate in innovative research projects that inform HUD's policies and programs.
Anchor institutions are the backbone of communities across the United States, with institutions of higher education playing an especially vital role in driving innovation and economic growth. Sherone Ivey, Deputy Assistant Secretary for University Partnerships, discusses how OUP is working to leverage university engagement for community betterment.
This section contains research conducted by OUP grantees. It includes university and college grant program grantees and dissertations funded through OUP’s Doctoral Dissertation Research Grant (DDRG) and Early Doctoral Student Research Grant (EDSRG) programs. Learn More.
- Portland State University: Partnering to Serve the City of Portland with Knowledge
Partners in Progress: August 2015
Volume 3, Issue 3
- Anchor Institutions Join to Restore Economic Vitality, Improve Quality of Life in Hartford’s Southside Neighborhoods
- Iowa Initiative for Sustainable Communities: Making Use of a Research University’s Greatest Strengths
- Kent, Ohio and KSU: A Public-Private Partnership Transforms Downtown
- Partners in Progress eNews: May 2015 Issue
- Drexel University and West Philadelphia: Growing Together
- Partners in Progress eNews: January 2015 Issue
- Sinai Community Institute: Health-Based Community Development in Chicago
- Community Engagement: Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
- The University of Cincinnati: Improving the Uptown Community
- Partners in Progress eNews: July 2014 Issue
- The S.G. Atkins Community Development Revitalization near Winston-Salem State University
- Detroit, Michigan: Henry Ford Health System Supports Community and Economic Development
- DDOT and Howard Univ. Announce 2014 Research Internship Summer Program
- Partners in Progress eNewsletter April 2014
- University at Buffalo Supports Neighborhood and Regional Growth
- Anchor Institutions: HBCU Conference
- University of Pittsburgh: A “University of the Community”
- University of Minnesota Commits to Sustainable Partnerships
- Partners in Progress eNews: December Issue
- Fresno State Collaborates to Promote Sustainable Communities in the Valley