Case Studies: HUD USER publishes a series of case studies examples of anchor institutions that have deep roots in the community and are longstanding contributors to the community’s stability and strength.
Partners in Progress: HUD USER publishes a quarterly newsletter about research partnerships, grantees, anchor institutions, and other news.
Related Resources: This section provides a number of useful resources for students and researchers.
Archived Newsletters: This section includes newsletters OUP has produced in the last few years. It includes Diversity Works, and both the OUP and the grantee newsletters.
Anchor institutions are the backbone of communities across the United States, with institutions of higher education playing an especially vital role in driving innovation and economic growth. Sherone Ivey, Deputy Assistant Secretary for University Partnerships, discusses how OUP is working to leverage university engagement for community betterment.
This section contains research conducted by OUP grantees. It includes university and college grant program grantees and dissertations funded through OUP’s Doctoral Dissertation Research Grant (DDRG) and Early Doctoral Student Research Grant (EDSRG) programs. Learn More.
- Partners in Progress eNews: July 2014 Issue
- The S.G. Atkins Community Development Revitalization near Winston-Salem State University
- Detroit, Michigan: Henry Ford Health System Supports Community and Economic Development
- DDOT and Howard Univ. Announce 2014 Research Internship Summer Program
- Partners in Progress eNewsletter April 2014
- University at Buffalo Supports Neighborhood and Regional Growth
- Anchor Institutions: HBCU Conference
- University of Pittsburgh: A “University of the Community”
- University of Minnesota Commits to Sustainable Partnerships
- Partners in Progress eNews: December Issue
- Fresno State Collaborates to Promote Sustainable Communities in the Valley